Wednesday, 3 April 2013

Bag Lady Bling

A bank holiday wouldn't be a bank holiday without a trip to the Trafford Centre, so we joined the rest of the North West of England on Monday afternoon.

We didn't stay long, but we did buy some coffee while we were there, and came home with a bag.  It was going into the recycling bin until I decided to try a little experiment



I took the handles off and had a play with creating some jewellery using beads and embroidery floss I had lying around. 

This was the result - from one handle I made a bangle and a ring:
The ring is taken from a small section, molded around my finger, secured with a small piece of floss and I then attached a bronze butterfly bead to the front. To make the bangle I threaded on some beads with holes large enough to fit the twine handle through, then used two lengths of embroidery floss to secure the two ends together, making sure it was large enough to fit over my hand.





So there you are - still haven't decided what to use the other handle for, but I think I have found a new excuse to go shopping!